Specialist x-ray detection services to identify glass contaminants in food as well as glass packaging faults.
Glass bottles and jars offer highly appealing packaging for food and drink products, however breakages and glass contamination can occur.
AIS are able to reliably detect glass and other contaminants within all types, shapes and sizes of food packaging, as well as detect broken bottle necks and container faults.
Our x-ray systems can be customised to exacting inspection requirements for food and other products, including detection of glass contaminants within glass packaging. The list below shows examples of typical x-ray services carried out for glass detection in food and glass packaging inspection:
- Detection of large glass or metal parts in trays of products
- Detection of small glass, stone or metal fragments in single containers
- Inspect a case of glass containers, often without unpacking it
- Detect product agglomerates
- Fill level inspection
- Detection certain bottle neck and container faults
- Ensure quality standards when CCP has failed, such as post-capping metal detection
When an incident has occurred, AIS can provide a higher level of x-ray detection performance than your on-line equipment can deliver. We are ISO accredited to help you achieve regulatory compliance for potential recall incidents, HACCP and TACCP.
Please contact us in absolute confidence to find out more.